“We,” “us,” “our,” or “Courtesy Finance,” as used on this Site, mean the Courtesy Finance group of companies including: Courtesy Finance LLC; Courtesy Finance of Georgia LLC; and Courtesy Finance of Tennessee LLC.
“You” or “your” mean you as an individual and, if you are an employee or representative of another person or entity, such person or entity.
“Site” means all websites including www.courtesyfinance.net, interactive features, widgets, plug-ins, applications, content, downloads, mobile applications, and other electronic services maintained by Courtesy Finance.
- Our data collection activities offline or outside of the Site (unless otherwise stated below).
- The data practices of third parties that may interact with the Site, such as social media sites and websites where we advertise.
What Type of Information do we Collect?
We and our third-party service providers may use tracking technologies. These technologies store or collect certain information when you visit or interact with the Site (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored or accessed using technologies that may be downloaded to your computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “Device”) when you visit or interact with the Site. This Usage Information may include:
- Your IP address, UDID or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device, and our systems identify your Device by its Device Identifier.
- Your Device functionality (such as browser, operating system, hardware, and mobile network information).
- The areas within the Site that you visit and what you do there, such as remembering you and your preferences, and the pages, screens, or other displays of information you looked at.
- Your Device location.
- Your Device characteristics.
- Other Device data, such as the time of day, date, length of your visit(s), frequency of your visits, and patterns of use among other information.
- Domain name you use to access the Internet and other information obtained from Web page headers (i.e., type of Device and type and version of web browser).
- Internet address from which you linked to the Site.
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or sent through the Site, such as the content of the communication and metadata associated with it.
On the Site, we may ask you for information that identifies you personally (“Personal Information”) such as:
- Full name.
- Date of birth.
- Relationship status.
- Home address and telephone number.
- Email address.
- Social security number.
- Driver’s license number.
- Bank account and/or payment card information.
- Employment information.
- Information about your assets, debts and income.
- Credit history, credit score, or other information bearing on your credit worthiness, credit standing, credit capacity, character, general reputation, personal characteristics, or mode of living.
We may collect Personal Information through many forms and in many places on the Site. This may include if you apply for a loan, through “contact us” forms, or when you interact with the Site. We may also collect Personal Information from you over the phone, especially in the context of helping you apply for a loan.
We do not allow you to apply for a loan via e-mail and we do not encourage you to provide any Personal Information to us in an e-mail. If you provide Personal Information to us via e-mail against our advice, however, we may collect that Personal Information from you.
Please see our Privacy Notice for an explanation of how we collect, use and share Personal Information. It also explains how you can limit the use and sharing of your Personal Information. We provide this notice to all of our customers as required by federal law.
How do we use Collected Information?
- To process transactions such as your loan application.
- To underwrite your loan.
- To provide you with information, such as to send you electronic newsletters.
- To provide you with ads on behalf of Courtesy Finance, such as to let you know about new products, services, or upcoming events.
- To verify your identity.
- To prevent fraud.
- To create your account with Courtesy Finance and other third-party servicers, as applicable.
- To communicate with you about your transactions, such as to provide customer support.
- To offer you other products and services from Courtesy Finance.
- To send monthly statements, and to service and collect the amounts you owe.
- To allow you to take part in many of the Site’s features, such as to enable you to take part in our online entry sweepstakes, contests or other promotions.
- To improve the Site, our marketing and our Site offerings.
- For internal business purposes.
What about Cookies, Web Beacons and other Tracking Technologies?
We use tracking technologies on the Site. This includes Cookies and Web Beacons. Cookies and Web Beacons collect and store Usage Information. A “Cookie” is a small file containing letters, numbers and symbols. A Cookie stores information about the user or records the user’s browsing activity. Your Device’s hard drive stores Cookies. A “Web Beacon” is an electronic image located within a certain web page. A Web Beacon allows the Site to record the simple actions of the user opening the page.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and other tracking technologies (e.g., HTML5 and Flash local storage, embedded scripts, and e-tags/cache browsers) may be active on the Site. We may use other tracking technologies in connection with the Site.
We may send tracking technologies to your Device when you visit the Site, or other sites where our ads appear. We may send tracking technologies for different purposes, such as:
- To allow you to use and access the Site.
- To monitor your experience on the Site.
- To allow us to improve the Site.
- To improve security on the Site.
- For identity verification and fraud prevention.
- To analyze traffic and transactions on the Site.
- To keep track of your preferences, such as the presentation of content on the Site.
- To market our products and services, such as delivering content based on how you interact with the Site.
In addition to the list above, we may also work with data providers who may also collect web log data from you. Web log data may include your IP address and information about your browser or operating system. We may place a data provider’s cookie that recognizes your browser and enables you to receive customized ads or content. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information. They may contain or reflect demographic or other data about your interests in a de-identified form. The information in these cookies may link to data you gave us. This may include your name, postal address or email. We may share this data with a data provider in hashed or encrypted form. To opt out of these data provider cookies, please go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) website at http://www.aboutads.info.
We also use depersonalized aggregated Usage Information to improve the performance of the Site. This information may be provided to other companies to help us with this. These other companies may include third-party advertisers, analytics providers, and other service providers. This information can’t be used to identify you.
Your browser should allow you to manage tracking technologies. If your browser’s settings are too strict, you may not be able to use all features of the Site.
What about Interactions with Third-Party Services?
What about Advertising?
You may see certain ads on other third-party websites and services on the Internet. This is because we take part in advertising networks administered by third parties. These networks collect information about your online activities across third-party websites such as through the use of the tracking technologies. They use this information to tailor ads to your interests. The information they collect includes information about your visits to the Site, such as the pages you viewed. These third-party tracking technologies may: (a) help deliver ads to you that you might be interested in; (b) keep you from seeing the same ads too many times; and (c) understand the usefulness to you of the ads that you receive. You agree that associated technology may access and use your Device. You agree that it may set or change settings on your Device for the associated operations.
Google Analytics Advertising Features.
We use these Google Analytics advertising features:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics.
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting.
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.
- Integrated services that need Google Analytics to collect data via advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers.
Service providers may set and access their own tracking technologies on your Device. They may collect or have access to information about you, which may include Personal Information. For example, on the Site, Google will collect, store, and use this information to report on how you use the Site. You can opt out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features through their Ads Settings or any other available means. You can find Google Analytics’ opt outs at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to show you interest-based advertising. These third parties may allow you to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of getting targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). You may do this by visiting the NAI’s website at http://www.networkadvertising.org. You may also be able to opt out of getting third-party behavioral ads. You may do this by visiting the DAA website at http://www.aboutads.info. We are not a member of NAI or DAA. We are not responsible for any third parties’ opt-out options.
How do we Share Information?
We may share Non-Personal Information with third parties. This may include aggregated user statistics. We may share your Device Identifiers with third parties with data related to you and your activities.
Our Privacy Notice explains what Personal Information we may share with third parties.
We may also share Non-Personal and Personal Information we collect about you as follows:
- For any purpose you expressly consent to.
- To protect or enforce our rights or the rights or safety of others.
- As allowed or required by applicable law, regulation, subpoenas, governmental requests or legal process.
- In connection with a merger, acquisition, restructuring, asset transfer, or other operational or corporate changes to our company, such as any due diligence process.
- To our parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates, as applicable.
Can I Confirm that the Information Courtesy Finance collects is Correct or Make Changes to my Information?
Keeping your online account information accurate and up to date is important. You may request to update the Personal Information we maintain about you, or you may ask questions or raise issues with the accuracy of your Personal Information by contacting us at email@example.com. If you contact us and raise an issue, we will promptly investigate your concerns, respond to you and update our records as needed and as allowable by law. We request that you keep your information as up to date as possible so that you may get the maximum benefit from us and your use of our online services.
If you would like to dispute the accuracy of the information Courtesy Finance is providing to a consumer reporting agency, or if you would like to notify Courtesy Finance that information it is providing to a consumer reporting agency is inaccurate, please mail your dispute to: Courtesy Finance, P.O. Box 501299, Atlanta, GA 31150.
How is information collected on this Site Protected?
We endeavor to incorporate commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. We maintain Personal Information in secure computer systems and we limit the employees’ access to those with a business reason to see it. More specifically, employees may access information about you when needed to maintain your accounts or otherwise meet your needs. Our employees are trained to understand and comply with our security safeguards. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Am I Protected when Linking from the Site to other sites?
Do Not Track Signals.
Please note that Courtesy Finance does not alter the Site’s data collection and use practices when your browser is sending a Do Not Track signal.
What about Information I Disclose Publicly or to Others?
User Content and Public Information. The Site may allow you to submit ideas, photographs, video, pictures, data, information about your location, questions, comments, suggestions or other content, such as Personal Information (collectively, “User Content”). We or others may store, display, reproduce, publish, distribute or otherwise use User Content online or offline in any media or format and may or may not attribute it to you. Others may have access to this User Content and may be able to share it with third parties. Please think carefully before sharing information with your User Content. We do not control who will have access to the information that you choose to make public. We can’t be sure that parties who have access to such information will respect your privacy or keep it secure. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information that you make publicly available on the Site or on the Program site. We are not responsible for what others do with information you share with them on the Site or on the Program site. We are not responsible for the accuracy, use or misuse of any User Content that you share or receive from third parties through the Site or the Program site.
Do we Collect Information about Children?
The Site is for a general audience. Courtesy does not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information on the Site about children under the age 13 that requires parental notice and consent under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If you are a child under the age of 13, you are not permitted to use the Site and should not send any information about yourself to us through the Site.
If we become aware that we have collected personal information from any child, we will dispose of that information in accordance with applicable law. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information without legally required consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What about Transfer of Information to the United States or other Countries?